Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Defeat the Winter Doldrums Dishcloth Swap Questionnaire

Here's my questionnaire for the Defeat the Winter Doldrums Dishcloth Swap:

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both?

I do both. But honestly, 99.9% is knitting!


2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths?

I've used all kinds. I like Bryspun the best. Plastic is ok too, like Denise needles. Sometimes bamboo is fine. Although, I find that cotton tends to "stick" to the bamboo too much and makes knitting a lot slower and more frustrating for me.


3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any that you've been wanting to try?

I enjoy all cottons, from the more exotic ones to good 'ol Sugar N' Cream! I like the feel of Bernat Cottontots, but their color selections are not very varied. I recently purchased some Lion Nature Cotton in walnut brown and blue colors. This feels a lot like Cottontots, but it's a heavier gauge. Can't wait to try it out! I'm always excited to try non-traditional cotton yarns! Maybe cotton and bamboo?


4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)?

My kitchen is sage green and black with oak cabinets. I've tried to include touches of red and plum in there to break it up. I have a couple of baths. One is done in a seashell theme, and that's coral, cream, beige, with touches of pink & light blue. The other bath is basically black & white with some cream color in there. I'm thinking of changing it, though! Inspire me with a washcloth! :-)


5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite?

Well, I don't think it's really a question of me not liking colors, because I pretty much like ALL of them, except for teal. I hate teal. Teal should be obliterated from all human existence. Really, it's more like what colors don't like me! For instance, I love yellow and orange, but they look hideous on me. However, I will admit that I'm not a huge fan of pastels. I guess I like heathered, natural colors the best. I'm fond of plums, sagey greens, blues, gray, terracotta, coral, browns and mocha. I like red, too.


6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends?

I really don't like winter. Growing up in the city, winter posed a lot of problems. So I guess that's largely where I get my opinion. Also, I don't like any season with extreme temperatures. So, summer isn't so great for me either! ;-)


7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps?

I buy something and/or watch some MST3K!


8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when your down in the dumps?

Well, chocolate just has away of making the world seem better, doesn't it? ;-) But also, sometimes it's nice to pop up some popcorn and sit with my husband on the couch and watch movies. I find that a really comforting treat.


9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa?

Coffee, yes. Tea, yes. Cocoa, not so much.


10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do?

Oh this is hard! I'd probably go to Italy, most likely Florence. I really want to see the statue of David before I die. LOL


11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of?

No allergies that my pal would need to know, unless they planned on sending me some drugs. LOL (I am allergic to Sulfa drugs.) I have a STRONG aversion to Indian food, particularly curry. I despise the smell of patchouli. I hate cinnamon gum/candy. And I really hate most gummy-type candy, particularly Twizzlers or any of its rubbery, stringy look-alikes. Yuck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I also call these little beauties washcloths and I love them in the bathroom. They are also great as dishcloths in the kitchen. It has definitely cut down on paper towels. With kids in the house you go through alot of paper. All kinds of paper. Toilet paper, paper napkins, paper towels and on and on. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that I am enjoying your blog! Your Secret Swap Partner :)