Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008

Happy New Year, everyone. Well this has been a very hectic holiday season for me. But I am glad to be back to normal. Well, mostly normal anyway.

The morning of Christmas Eve I furiously finished that pair of socks I had been working on for like 9 months. LOL. I gave them to my dad because the foot was way too big for me. They definitely turned out to be man-sized socks. He said he really likes them! A picture of the socks is forthcoming, I promise. Overall, they turned out well. The yarn, while soft and lovely to feel, was not the easiest to work with.

On Christmas day, we left for Illinois, to spend the holiday with Todd family at his sister's (Wesley) in Urbana. We were there for 4 days. It was supposed to be 3 days, but our flight out of O'Hare in Chicago got canceled on Friday; we had to stay an extra day. Overall we had a good time. Urbana is...ok. Flat. Gray. Not what I expected. But not terrible.

Wesley got me a gift certificate to a local yarn shop there. I thought that was an extremely thoughtful gift. I got some really lovely rayon/cotton/silk blend yarn. Again, I'll get a picture up here soon, I hope!

I cast on another pair of socks while in Urbana. Thanks to the Addi Turbos, I see more socks in my future. This second pair just seems infinitely easier than the first pair ever did.

Here is the link to the post I made on a blog to which I contribute: Just Knitting. Here I made some general knitting "resolutions" for 2008. And many of my knitting buddies who also contribute to the blog made theirs as well. Enjoy.

Let another year of blogging commence!

No comments: