Friday, December 19, 2014

Love, Love, Love

If loving this 1985 cabled-icicle intarsia pullover sweater is wrong, then I don't want to be right.


I'd seriously knit this and wear it in a heartbeat.  The good news is that there are a few copies of the Vogue Knitting International magazine's Fall/Winter 1985 edition to be had out there. There are 2 on ebay and even a couple in the Amazon Marketplace.


Someone in a Facebook group tipped me off to this wonderful book:

 Miyoko Ihara: Misao the Big Mama and Fukumaru the Cat

So basically this elderly Japanese woman (Misao) in took in a stray Japanese Bobcat (she named him Fukumaru) and this book is a photographic journal of their lives together. It's the most, lovely, endearing, poignant series of photos I've seen in a long time. Misao's granddaughter is the photographer. The depth and meaningfulness of their relationship come through so beautifully in these photos.  Here are few of my favorites:





 

Poncho is DONE! Mailed it off yesterday with the rest of the Christmas gifts for my sister and her family.  Fi-Fi was sad to see it go:






No comments: