Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Sally Melville Has Redeemed Herself!

I remember having a crochet doll that my grandmother made me when I was like 4 or so. It was my most favorite toy ever. It was as simply constructed as possible with a bright pink front and purple back, black hair, and buttons for eyes. It was soft (filled with old scraps of fabric from things like pillowcases and cotton tee shirts) and cuddly and I took it to bed with me every night. There just wasn't anything as charming and comforting as this out there when I was little. Think scary, dumb, plastic heads. Nowadays, I'm sure there are similar "soft" options that can be purchased. But nothing is quite as endearing as a hand-knitted toy.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/basic-doll-7

So thank you, Sally Melville.  This totally makes up for that frustrating poncho pattern! 

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Are you going to make one?

Gina said...

I think I might! They just look so sweet.