Friday, April 20, 2007

Movie Meme

I saw this on another random blog somewhere and I am totally stealing it.

My Movie Meme


1. Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times.
Clue. SHUT UP!


2. Name a movie you've seen multiple times in the theater.
Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship of the Ring


3. Name an actor/actress that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Hmmm…there are a lot:
Gary Oldman
Will Ferrell
Brendan Fraser
Harrison Ford (even though he’s like eleventy)
Bill Murray
Rachel Weisz
I was going to say Matthew Fox, ‘cause he’s hotter than 1000 suns, but even I wouldn’t go see that craptastic We Are Marshall just for him.
Timothy Dalton
And for you, Todd…Hugh Jackman ;-) (Despite Van Helsing)


4. Name an actor/actress that would make you less likely to see a movie.
Winona Ryder
Tom Cruise
Harvey Keitel
Ice T
Ice Cube
Ben Affleck
John Travolta


5. Name a movie than you can and do quote from.
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie. “Let’s leave under the cover of noon in the biggest car in the county.”


6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Well I don’t know if this is strictly a musical, but Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The GOOD one, the REAL one, the one with the ONLY PERSON EVER WHO COULD BE WILLY WONKA: Gene Wilder. Interesting note, this movie was released on the very day my husband was born, June 30, 1971. How odd.


7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show


8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead
. Because it’s just too funny and just so well written. My Neighbor Totoro, because it’s a lovely, endearing film. Anything by Mel Brooks.

9. Name a movie that you own.
Name a movie? Only one? Jeez…Fritz Lang’s Metropolis

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
GAH! Um…David Bowie.

11. Have you ever seen a movie at a drive-in? If so, what?
Nope! Dude, I'm from South Philly; we don't have drive-ins, yo!

12. Ever made out in a movie?
Nope!

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Romeo and Juliet
(the one with Leonardo DiCaprio)

14. Ever walked out on a movie?
YES! I walked out of My Demon Valentine.


15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Oh Jeebus, there are so many. I cried during Fellowship of the Ring, A LOT. I think the
hardest I have ever cried was during Toy Story 2 when Jessie, the cowgirl doll, reminisces about the girl who owned her while Sarah McLachlan sings that song “When She Loved Me.” I STILL cry like totally uncontrollably whenever I see that part.


16. What was the last movie you saw in the theater?
Blades of Glory. Side-splitting hilarious.

17. What is your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
I like most stupid funny movies. Think Airplane, and you pretty much have my taste in movies, well comedy anyway. Don’t do horror. And most drama leaves me flat.


18. What is your least favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Horror, hands down. Gangster/mob movies run a close second.


19. What is the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
I’m pretty sure it was Star Wars.

20. What movie do you wish you'd never seen?
Eyes Wide Shut
. Stupid, pretentious, boring crap. The Passion of the Christ, which should have been called Mel Gibson’s Drunken Orgy of Gore 2004.

21. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
Weirdest, eh? Constantine? Maybe. Is that weird enough? I mostly enjoyed Brazil, and that one's pretty weird.

22. What is the scariest movie you have seen?
The Ring.
Oh my God, y’all; couldn’t be alone in a room with a TV for a week. This is why I don’t do horror movies.


23. What is the funniest movie you have seen?
Whoa this is hard. Hmmm…it’s a three-way toss-up:
Office Space
Dodgeball
South Park the Movie


24. What is the worst movie you've ever seen?
Oy. I've seen a lot of bad ones, unfortunately. Again, a three-way toss-up:
Eyes Wide Shut
Rob Roy
Battlefield Earth

25. Have you ever seen a movie so bad that it was good for other reasons?
Yes, Royal Deceit. Hilarious times infinity. And pretty much every movie with Jean Claude Van Damme in it.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to do this too. Or should I go knit or pay bills?

Gina said...

hahaha. I'd love to see your movie meme, Beth!

G

the nicole AMATO experience, now said...

ohhh my god, i'm crying over this!!