Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekly Topic #4 for Defeat the Winter Doldrums Dishcloth Swap

Weekly Topic #4

" Defeat the Winter Doldrums" for some of us we get the doldrums and others don't. For the ones who get doldrums what helps you get rid of them? For the ones who don't get the doldrums, what helps you keep them away?

I think I really do find myself in the doldrums right in the middle of winter. Usually right around now it hits me. Sometimes what makes it feel worse is that, for me, there are no "off-from-work" holidays on the horizon until Memorial Day! ACK!

Luckily for me there a couple of events that I look forward to that help ameliorate the situation. First of, for the last 4-5 years Todd and I have been getting together with his friends, Josh and Jen, for a Valentine's Day Weekend Love Fest. We alternate travel every other year. This year, it's our turn to ravel to them. They don't live terribly far away, though. Just Manassas, Virgina, which is about 2-2.5 hours away. Most of the time, Valentine's Day falls mid-week. So we shoot for whichever weekend is closest. We leave this Friday for the weekend!

Second is my sister Helene's birthday. March 1. Which I guess isn't a major holiday or event. But over the last several years, it seems like a regular tradition that I go down to North Carolina to visit her around her birthday. Luckily, this year her birthday falls on a weekend, so that will really be nice. And I'll get to see my niece and nephew again too. Good times all around!

No comments: