Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I Have Returned

Todd and I went on a mini-vacation for about 4 days to his parents' place in Hague, VA. It was nice to get away from work and vomiting cats for a little while. But alas, I am back at the grind.

Just a couple of things to update everyone who might read this:

1) The car, I think --- I mean, I hope against all hope--- is fixed, finally. For reals.

2) Sophie has been taking her anti-biotic in liquid form mixed in with straight-out-of-the-can-real tuna fish. So she's on the mend in that regard. However, we learned that she has Hyperthyroidism. For the last 2 years or so, Sophie's weight has been steadily, although not dangerously, decreasing. Keep in mind that Sophie was once a 23-pound cat; and not too long ago, either. Yeah. Sophie the Hutt. Anyhoo, when we took her to the vet last week to get her looked at for her 3rd respiratory infection this year (nice), she weighed in at 13 pounds. Actually, weight-wise, she looks awesome. Not fat, but not all scrawny either. Well, some blood work revealed that the weight loss is attributed to the over-active Thyroid, but that we were catching it early. So she's going to be fine. Now, I know I should not say this, but...

WTF? I WANT THAT. It's SO freakin' unfair! Why not me?? No, see, I have to get the OTHER thyroid problem: Hypothyroidism. The one where your joints ache and you feel exhausted all the time and can't lift your arms above your head and you can't tolerate temperatures below 40 degrees or over 80 degrees and you have virtually no libido at all. No. Shut up. I mean it. NONE. AT. ALL. I feel like a ficus tree. And you gain about 10-15 pounds a year despite eating like 800 calories a day because your metabolism is that fucked up. Yeah, THAT one. Welcome to my shitty world.

Sigh. Whatever.

Also, I am about 1/3 done yet another baby blanket for my sister. It's done in a mock cable pattern that I found on the Dishcloth Boutique site. This is it. It looks super as a blanket. When I get a little further along, I'll take some pictures. I might just abandon the houndstooth one. Well, it's a real big pain to knit because it is curling up something awful. I honestly do not feel like picking-up and knitting a border around all that, with no guarantee that it will make the curling stop. And you can probably tell how much I want to start it over....

Oh! I got my match for the Dog Days of Summer Dishcloth Swap. This is going to be awesome. I am so looking forward to it. I love making dishcloths! They take no time at all and it's a great way to try out a new or more-advanced pattern without wanting to rip your hair out.

Can't believe my Vermont vacation is less than a month away! Man this summer is flying by.

No comments: