Friday, November 17, 2006

For My SP9 Hostess: Washcloth for Contest 2!

Well here it is: my first ever washcloth!
















I used a pattern from the Dishcloth Boutique called "Waved Welt." This pattern is on page 5. Yes, there are that many dishcloth/washcloth patterns at the website! I really like this pattern. I will probably use it again. I think it's very fitting for a washcloth.

Since this was my first washcloth, AND I am not great at purling, you can probably see that my initial rows are a little more loose than the rest of it (the cast-on row is at the top). By the second go-round of the wave pattern, I was much more comfortable purling. And it shows. But all in all, not bad for my first effort.

With this variegated-color yarn, it's hard to see the wave pattern. So here's a close up:















And a big thank-you to Patty, my SP9 hostess, for making it a fun Secret Pal exchange by having these little activities! :-)

No comments: