Friday, November 17, 2006

Oh, I See. So It's MY Fault Now?

I have an e-mail account with a place called Cashette. The idea behind it is very good: you won't get any spam in your inbox unless the sender pays you an amount that you set in advance. So if you set it at $.25, then that means that any spammer would have to pay you $.25 to have their e-mail make it to your inbox. I don't know how this works, or how the money is exchanged, but what I do know is that it DOES keep spam out of my inbox. This is a good thing.

However, Cashette often has problems. The server is often down or can't be found. Sometimes I can't move messages from one folder to another. Sending attachments is damn near impossible. The reply-to option is wonky, at best. Et cetera. This is a bad thing.

Today, I tried to log on and I got this message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, postmaster@cashette.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.


Apache/2.0.43 Server at www.cashette.com Port 80


Ok, so, wait. Let me read that second sentence again: "Please contact the server administrator, postmaster@cashette.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error."

Excuse me? "Anything you might have done that may have caused the error?" You know what, Cashette? GO TO HELL! Do not blame ME for your crappy server. Geez.

No comments: