Friday, June 20, 2008

Dishcloth Exchange Weekly Topic #2

Living in Atlanta, I know Summer has truly 'arrived' when it begins to get humid. Blech. When I was a kid, I knew Summer was starting the easy way - School was out!! Share with us how you know that summer has truly 'arrived', or something that signifies the start of Summer in your world.

For me, it's a couple of things. First of all, that first 90+-degree day really sends home the message that summer has begun. Sometimes this even comes in May. A few years ago, one of my closest friends got married on May 7. The week prior to the wedding it was about 60 degrees all week long with drizzle. I don't know what happened, but on her wedding day, it was 97 degrees! But, anyway, it always means summer to me if it gets that hot outside.

Unfortunately, another herald that
the start of summer is upon me is bug bites. And that happens in a big way. At the start of the summer I get --- not kidding --- about 30-40 insect bites on me. Yes, at one time! I just came back from vacation in Virginia and I got no fewer than 35 bites, 18 on my left foot alone! ACK!


No comments: