Thursday, June 05, 2008

Just Checkin' In

Happy June, everyone. I absolutely cannot really believe it's JUNE. Where is the year going?

So, I am all signed up and ready for the Summer Dishcloth Swap! I can't wait to get my match so I can get started knitting up the cloths! I am really looking forward to a departure from that blasted pinwheel sweater. Oh it's coming along well enough. I think. It's just that knitting a round of nearly 400 stitches, then purling a round of nearly 400 stitches (and you all KNOW how much I love purling) over and over again is starting to wear on my sanity.

Knitting a quick, cool, funky dishcloth is just what I need right about now. And, of course, a bath mitt is in order! I love knitting them. Fast and the end result looks fantastic.

I've also cast on a new pair of socks. These will end up being sort of tiger-striped. With all the cats in my house, I thought it was fitting. ;-)

Next weekend, Todd and I leave for Virginia for a week. It will be nice to get away. We'll be gone June 14-21. My sister Helene and her family will also be joining us. I can't wait to see them. I haven't seen them since March. I hear that Aubrey is walking now! She's only about 9 months old. They are so cute when they are that little. Let's hope I can get my camera battery situation figured out.

Which reminds me, I gotta call the cat-sitter....

1 comment:

Beth said...

We'll be away June 14 -21 too. Funny to learn this from our blogs, guess I'm a bit old fashioned huh?