Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas Knitting...Almost There!

Ok so I've mentioned in a few previous posts that I am making a bunch o' scarves as Christmas gifts for four young girls and a little boy that are the children (and one neice) of two of my friends. Ouch, that hurt my brains.

So, anyway, here are the three scarves for the three daughters of my friend, Dana:

The ivory pastel one is for her youngest, who I think is 4-5. This was done using a ball and a half of Lion Watercolors in Shell and a skein of some random, light-purple, fuzzy eyelash yarn that I got in the $1 bin at Target. The pink in the middle is for her middle daughter who is 6-7. That is done with about 1/2 a skein of Patons Divine in Floral Fantasy (which is actually really nice yarn to work with) and one skein of Patons Carmen in Rose. And the purplish one on the right is for her oldest girl, who is 9 or close to it. That is done with 1 skein of Bernat Boa in Toucan and about 1/2 a skein of Joann's Sensations Angel Hair in medium purple.

I am also making another one of those purplish, feathery ones for my friend Julie's neice, who is also around 9. That scarf is about 1/4 done. I have to finish it by this coming Sunday. I think I will be able to do it without a problem.

Now for Julie's son, who is 3, I made a hat and I am about 1/3 done a matching scarf:

I am using 2 strands together of Lion Brand Homespun in Williamsburg Blue and the red parts are 2 strands together of the last, sad remnants of Lion Brand Kool Wool that I have in my possession. Sniff, sniff. I loved that yarn. So super easy to work with. Sigh. Anyway, I finally am doing a ribbed scarf. And it actually looks halfway decent. I like these colors together, too!



So that's my progress and what's been taking up most of my time. Oh, but I did manage to finish another Moebius scarf. Actually, as I was sitting in the dining room at my laptop checking e-mail earlier, I noticed Titus go trotting across the living room carrying it in his jaws. Nice.


















Now I still need to finish that Mason-Dixon Washrag. And I want to start up on that rug for the bathroom. And I want to do my first cabling project, too. Too much to do and so little time! RAGE!

No comments: