Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Keepin' Cool in Summer Questionnaire


Here's my questionnaire for the Keepin' Cool in Summer Dishcloth Exchange


1. Do you Knit or Crochet? For how long?

I knit and crochet; but I mostly knit 99% of the time. I've been knitting for about 4 years.


2. Do you enjoy using metal, wooden, or some other kind of needle\hook?

I enjoy all kinds, with bamboo being my least favorite. Love Addi Turbos, especially for socks.


3. What are your favorite types of yarn? Any you just can't stand?

I know everyone says they hate acrylic yarn. Straight-up acrylic is pretty much horrible to handle. But I find it's actually pretty fantastic when combined with other stuff. For example, I love 50% cotton and 50% acrylic yarn. It's soft and lovely to work with. Other favorites are merino wool, alpaca, and cashmere. (No kidding, right?) Not a huge fan of mohair, I find it way too itchy.


4. When it comes to cotton, are there any brands you'd love to try and haven't?

I've tried a lot of cotton. Let's just say, I haven't met a cotton yarn I didn't like. :-) I'd love some soft, organic stuff.


5. When you make Dishcloths, do you use them yourself, or tend to give them as gifts?

I have mostly given them as gifts. I have been known to use one as a washcloth now and then. I must add that Corinne, my dishcloth spoiler last round, made me a fabulous coral washcloth that matches perfectly in my bath; and I have used it; and I LURVE it.


6. Do you have a favorite color? Any that you dislike?

I like lots of colors! Really, it's more like what colors don't like me! For instance, I love yellow and orange, but they look hideous on me. I like heathered, natural colors the best. I'm fond of plums, sagey greens, blues, gray, terracotta, coral, browns and mocha. I like red, too. Nearing the bottom of my list are pastels. Not a huge fan of burgundy. And I hate, hate, hate teal. Teal should be obliterated from all human existence.


7. What color(s) (if any!) are your kitchen and bath decorated in?

My kitchen is sage green and black with oak cabinets. I've tried to include touches of red and plum in there to break it up. I have a couple of baths. One is done in a seashell theme, and that's coral, cream, beige, with touches of pink & light blue. The other bath is basically black & white with some taupe color in there. I'm thinking of changing it, though! Inspire me with a washcloth! :-)


8. What are your favorite scents around the house?

I like fruit scents, mostly, particularly pear and citrus. The smells of baking/coffee are always nice. I can't do candles (as much as I like them) because I have a bajillion cats (ok, 6) and they will either burn down my house or devour the candles.


9. What is your very favorite thing about summer?

Hmmm...I like that it stays light outside until like 9:00 at night.


10. What is your least favorite thing about summer?

The humidity. I can't deal with those steamy, hot days. I feel like I am sitting in soup.


11. Do you use soap or body wash in the shower?

I tend to gravitate towards body wash. But I'd welcome any cool, fancy, handmade, etc. soap!



12. What scents do you enjoy in the bath?

I like scents that are earthy and natural. I love green tea fragrances and citrus scents. Like oatmeal and honey, too. Cannot stand patchouli or cinnamon. Most florals are overpowering for me.



13. What is your favorite dishcloth pattern?

Well it's a toss-up. This and this are my utmost favorites.


14. What sort of treats do you enjoy? Sweet or Salty?

Oh, bring it ALL, baby! No Twizzlers, though. YUCK. Chocolate, of course, is the BEST. Love me a chocolate-covered marshmallow or pretzel. Fudge is awesome. I love pistachios too. Look, if it's high in calories and fat, I probably like it. ;-)


15. Imagine today is one of the hottest days of the year - what do you do to keep cool? Or are you one of those folks who loves the hot weather?

Stay inside, for one thing! I'd probably have some sorbet or lemonade.



16. What sorts of hobbies do you enjoy besides knitting or crocheting?

I like to cross-stitch and needlepoint. I can sew a bit (like curtains, pillow covers, etc.). Decoupage, paper quilling, oil-painting, pastel drawing, scrap-booking, silk-screening, photography, pottery/ceramics, origami, jewelery making, beaded fruit--- you name it and I've at least dabbled in it. Hell, I used to even make rosary beads. I'm a fairly artistic person and I like to draw and occasionally paint. I'm big on home improvement, so I do a lot of wallpapering, tile grouting, house painting, linoleum laying, etc. I love putting together Ikea furniture. How lame is that? :-P


17. Do you collect anything (besides yarn!)

Well, I often get obsessed with things. I like stuff. So it's more like "what don't you collect?" For now, I seem to be accumulating Pirate cards, animal figurines (particularly carved wood or stone ones), anything Mystery Science Theater 3000 related, Cats By Nina items, anything cat-related, jewelry, knitting books/patterns/magazine, seashells, rocks, fossils, raw gemstones, Sanrio items (like Hello Kitty, etc.), artwork by Kay McDonagh, stamps, magnets, yadda, yadda, yadda.... Oh, and cats. ^.^


18. Are you on Ravelry? If so, share your ID!

Yes! My id is: mirthful


19. Do you have any allergies?

No allergies that my pal would need to know, unless they planned on sending me some drugs. LOL (I am allergic to Sulfa drugs.) However, I do have a STRONG aversion to Indian food, particularly curry.


20. Do you have any pets?

I have 6 evil hell-beasts, er, I mean cats: Sophie, Hercules, Titus, Ophelia, Luna, and Mr. Chesterfield. Ok, well, 5 are evil. Mr. C is positively loverly.

No comments: