Wednesday, July 30, 2008

And the Winner Is...

Todd, for the funniest moment of our 1-week vacation at the River (with Donna & Nicole in tow).

Here it is:

We were all playing a game called Talisman. An oldie that was out of print for about 15 years, then suddenly got a major reprinting in 2007. Gorgeous. Somehow Todd managed to get three of these new ones for Christmas. Thanks, Amazon's Shitty Wishlist!

I digress.

So while we were playing, we were listening to my iPod on speakers; my playlist of 1980s gems. So at one point, Bonnie Tyler's throaty (and cheesy, I'll give you that) Total Eclipse of the Heart was radiating out of the speakers:

Every now and then I get a little bit angry
and I know I have to get out and cry
(Turnaround)
Every now and then I get a little bit terrified
but then I see the look in your eyes
(Turn around, bright eyes)
Every now and then I fall apart
(Turn around, bright eyes)
Every now and then I fall apart...

Todd turns to me and with a completely straight face asks, "So, is this song about Planet of the Apes?" And I'm totally puzzled like, "...whaaat?" And he says, "Bright Eyes? That was Zira's pet name for Charlton Heston." And then I started screaming, flailing, and choking from laughing my guts out.

1st Runner Up: Weird Al Yankovic for the following line uttered during the Rifftrax for Jurassic Park. The scene: Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, and Sam Neill are in the green car waiting to begin their tour of the park. Goldblum tries to explain 'chaos theory' to Dern by caressing her wrists and dripping water on her hands. Here's the line:

"If you wanna see a creep grope your girlfriend, just go to the Jersey Shore!"


PS: I finally have some color! I was beginning to look like lumpy oatmeal. Now I look like lumpy toasted oatmeal. :-P

1 comment:

Katie J said...

Hopefully you weren't drinking anything at that exact moment since there would be no way to keep from spitting it out of your nose. Very funny.